Introduction au patinage artistique
This is a group program for skaters with CanSkate Badge 2 passed or higher that are interested in learning basic Figure Skating Skills. The Intro to Figure Skating program allows skaters to dip their toe into the figure skating world to test their interest in the sport of figure skating. This program continues to teaching the CanSkate curriculum. Intro to Figure Skating Program aims to:
- To provide participants and families with a safe, welcoming and inclusive first experience to the sport of figure skating. This includes introductions to the wide variety of basic figure skating skills: Jumps, Spins, Turns, etc.
- To develop skating and motor skills through natural learning phases (introduction, acquisition, retention/mastery.
- To use skill progression and repetition throughout the stages to introduce physical literacy and establish quality skating skills
- To foster personal achievements and satisfaction through skill acquisition, reward and recognition by allowing skaters to finish the CanSkate reward system.
- To evoke an interest in life-long participation in skating and encourage skaters to be Active for Life.
- Figure skates (with good ankle support). Plastic or vinyl molded skates are not recommended.
- a CSA approved HOCKEY helmet (Mandatory). Ski or bicycle helmets are NOT permitted.
- Fitted skating attire: pants, leggings or skating skirt is recommended to allow for good movement. A black club sweatshirt is available for purchase at registration.
- Mittens or gloves.
- Long hair should be tied back.